Virtue of the YEAR: Kindness
“Be KIND to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:32
Meet Virtue Buddy Kimmi the KIND Kangaroo!
Kimmi's pouch keeps her babies warm, nourished and protected until they are ready to live on their own. Like Kimmi's pouch, doing and receiving acts of KINDNESS makes us feel warm, nourished and protected, too!
Here are some of Kimmi's ideas to get us started practicing KINDNESS:
- Invite the new kid in your class to eat lunch with you
- Read a book with your little brother or sister
- Let someone go in line ahead of you
- Take a plate of cookies to welcome a new family to your neighborhood
- Do a chore for someone without telling them
- Invite the kid sitting by him or herself to play with you at recess
- Carry groceries into the house without being asked
- Share a special toy with a friend
- Patiently help a younger brother or sister to learn a new skill
- Call your grandparents to let them know you are thinking of them